4th of JulyNRPC offices will be closed on Monday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day.
In 2020, NRPC received a grant from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration (EDA) to undertake a comprehensive economic development recovery plan for the 13-community greater Nashua region. The plan addresses the impacts of COVID-19 on the region’s economy including job losses, business closures, workforce challenges and the disparate impact of recent economic dislocations on traditionally disadvantaged and underserved businesses. It also includes a robust list of recommendations to assist the region in emerging from the pandemic and strengthening our economy.
Key components of the project include:
- Data collection and mapping of vacant parcels in targeted areas and key commercial corridors.
- Identification of key development sites in the region.
- Conduct surveys and focus groups.
- Strategies to leverage Nashua’s two Opportunity Zones, New Markets Tax Credit Eligible Census Tracts, Economic Revitalization Zones, and other Target Areas.
- Strategies to foster and increase support for entrepreneurship programs.
- Targeted revitalization strategies for key restaurant and retail corridors.
- Workforce development, attraction and recruitment
- Selecting a consultant to develop practices for stimulating retail, service, and hospitality establishments, enhancing businesses online presence, and develop marketing strategies relative to business investment, particularly targeting national and regional retail and restaurant establishments.
Project questions can be sent to:
Camille Pattison, Assistant Director
(603) 417 - 6570 x6577
Steering Committee Contact List
|02/15/22 Regular Meeting||Minutes|
|12/15/21 NRPC Commission Meeting||Minutes More...|
|11/09/21 Regular Meeting||Minutes More...|
|10/12/21 Regular Meeting||Minutes More...|
|09/14/21 Regular Meeting||Minutes More...|
|08/10/21 Regular Meeting||Minutes More...|
|06/08/21 Regular Meeting||Minutes|